1 twice as great or many; "ate a double portion"; "the dose is doubled"; "a twofold increase" [syn: double, twofold]
2 folded in two; "doubled sheets of paper"
- past of double
Double may refer to:
- Doublebugg, a dancesport which is performed by three dancers.
- Double (baseball), two-base hit in baseball
- Double, a snooker shot where the player tries to pot a ball via one cushion
- The Double, to win a country's top division and its main cup competition in the same season in football
- Double (cricket), the feat of scoring a thousand first-class runs and taking a hundred first-class wickets in a single season.
- Double, action in games, including bridge and backgammon, whereby a competitor raises the stakes to around twice their previous level
- Double, villain in the video game Mega Man X4
- In dancing games like Dance Dance Revolution or In the Groove, a mode of play in which a single player uses twice as many pads as normal (e.g. 8 instead of 4)
- Double, a bet which combines two selections
- Double, former fraction of the Guernsey pound
- Double precision, computer numbering format that occupies two storage locations in computer memory at address and address+1
- Double negative, in language
doubled in German: Doppel
doubled in Dutch: Dubbel
creased, crimped, dog-eared, duplicated, echoed, flexible, flounced, fluted, foldable, folded, folding, gathered, plagiarized, plaited, pleated, pliable, plicate, plicated, plicatile, quilled, quoted, rechauffe, redoubled, reduplicated, reechoed, regurgitated, reiterate, reiterated, repeated, reproduced, retold, ruffled, tucked, twice-told, twilled, warmed up